A Gluten-free Pie Crust? Shut the front door!
Hadley Hughes’ Gluten-Free Pie Crust
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 tsps guar gum
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sweet rice flour
2 sticks cold, cubed butter
1/4 cup sorghum flour
2 Tbsps sugar
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixer on low speed.
2) Add butter and mix until coarse crumbs forms.
3) Add eggs and mix on medium-high until dough comes together and turns over on itself.
4) Remove and knead 3 or 4 times on a surface lightly sprinkled with sweet rice flour.
5) Divide the dough evenly and press into 2 flat discs between parchment paper.
6) Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 2 days or freeze for 30-45 minutes.
7) Remove from refrigerator or freezer and set on counter for 10 minutes.
8) Roll out one disc and place into pie tin. Place back into freezer for 10 minutes.
9) While the bottom disc is chilling, roll out the second disc so that is it 2 inches larger than your pie plate.
10) Take the pie plate out of the freezer and fill with desired filling, top with second disc and crimp edges
close. Bake 425˚ for 20 minutes.